Snow snow go away, come again no other day!
More snow in the forecast makes me cranky. I should say it this way...Snow that makes it hard to get to work makes me cranky. Am I cranky you ask? Overall, no. I'm sad that we had to miss choir tonight, but it did allow me to go to dinner with my family and shop for carpet. For that, I am thankful. For 2 littles who haven't been out of the house since Sunday morning, they did OK...the waitress got a nice tip...she was patient and kind.
Now, I am laying in Jaxson's bed waiting for him to fall asleep. It might be a long night. But I'm thankful for this little stinker. He's 6 but thinks he is 20. He is an old soul. He's got a heart as big as any I've ever seen. He loves everything and is passionate about just about anything. He's competitive, a yapper, and funny. One day he said "Have you ever had the cupcakes?" And I said cupcakes? (insert hiccup here) "Yeah the cupcakes"...I just laughed, it was so innocent. He likes to sing and dance. He thinks he is a cowboy. He gives some of the biggest hugs around and when he's feeling especially sweet, he'll even give you a kiss.
One of my favorite things about Jaxson is the way he prays. He is so honest. Whatever is on his heart is what he prays for. During Christmas he mixed up Jesus and Santa and I was going to correct him, but then I thought about it. Jesus gave us the ultimate gift and Jaxson is starting to get that more and more every day and so he equates the gift of Jesus with Santa and that Santa is to give gifts...not everyone may agree with me, but I think there's a connection.
I can tell you what I think Zach will be when he grows up - I think he'll be a teacher - and a great one at that - he disagrees, but we'll see. Cody is going to be some kind of engineer or someone who creates things. He's got an imagination and has really unique ideas that do make sense. When it comes to Jaxson, I have NO idea what I think he'll do with life. Sometimes I think a farmer, but then sometimes I have no idea.
Thank you God for my children. Thank you for letting me be their mom and for allowing me the chance to raise them. I pray that they be Godly boys and men and that they will show your love to all they meet. Please bless their lives. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment